Fulltime | 40 hours per week | Full training provided
We are hiring full-time care workers in Sheffield.
- Experience required (at least 6 months working in care)
- Able to drive (advantagous)
- Flexible working
- Training provided
- Competitive wage
- Weekly pay
Work with the best in Sheffield
Our carers and support staff are trained and experienced in caring for people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, dementia, mental health conditions, as well as caring for other vulnerable adults that are not able to manage certain activities on their own.
Request an application form
Your Duties and Responsibilities
As a Health Care Assistant, you will be responsible for asissting clients by carrying out persocal care duties and responsibilities and always observing respect for the client’s Individuality, Dignity, Choice, Privacy and Independence.
Personal Care duties including
- Assisting the client with with toileting, washing, brushing teeth, and hair care needs
- Assisting with dressing/undressing and bed making
- Assisting the client to move around and be as independent as possible
- Generally assisting with the client’s overall comfort
- Monitoring the client’s conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, oxygen levels respirations, and weight
- Listening and providing emotional support either one to one or as a team
- Providing companionship support as required by the support plan
- Administration of medication, observations and monitoring including application of creams
- Assisting with preparation and serving of meals and drinks
- Assisting the client to eat and drink
- Assisting the client to take prescribed medication and maintaining clear communications with other health professionals on matters concerning the health and wellbeing of the service user.
- Writing notes that are clearly readable for record keeping
- Assisting the client to use of Aids to Daily Living/Rehabilitation Aids, as required
- Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as prescribed by healthcare professionals.
- To maintain accurate records of client care, daily logs, timesheets and any financial records
- To participate in induction training and other training updates as required
- To participate in Staff/Team and Management Review Meetings as directed by the Registered Care Manager/Co-ordinator
- To report back to the Registered Manager/Co-ordinator on any aspect of client care which he/she feels warrants investigation or urgent action
- To participate in reviews of clients’ care plans based on the observations and changes to the care needs of service user
- To adhere to all Policies and procedures laid down by the organisation in respect of carrying out these Care activities and in other administrative aspects of the business as necessary
- To adhere to Safeguarding policies and procedures including code of conduct for Health care workers
- To be aware of the tasks which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties, as set out in company policies.
- Proof of previous experience in a care setting or training is essential. However, training will be provided;
- NVQ 2 or QCF equivalent in Health and Social Care will be an added advantage;
- Full UK drivers’ licence will be an added advantage.
Your personal attributes
You will be expected to display the following qualities:
- Good English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Be self-motivated, honest and punctual
- Be flexible to work at short notice
- Be a team worker and establish good communication links with colleagues
If you possess all or some of the qualities above, you are the right person.
Have any questions?
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org