The aim of our Domicillary Care service is to help service users to live independent lives in the comfort and safety of their own homes.
Prof-Care focuses on delivering person centred care enabling clients full control, independence and the ability to make informed choices about the services they prefer.
We offer high-quality domiciliary care services to clients of all ages, with physical or learning disabilities, dementia, mental health conditions, as well as other vulnerable adults that are not able to manage certain activities on their own and require our services.
Our Domicilllary Care Staff
All our staff go through the (enhanced) DBS process and are professionally trained to meet the common induction standards for skills for care. Our aims and objective are to support our clients with everyday life, encourage them to be independent and to live their life to the fullest as normal as possible.
Our person centred approach means that we work in collaboration with the client to write care/support plans or review an existing care plan based on the individual needs and choice. Care plans are reviewed on a regular basis to keep up with the ever changing needs of the service user by our professionally trained staff. Care or support visits are so structured to meet the client’s needs.
The services we offer
Our domiciliary care service is very flexible and there are a range of options for you to choose from. We offer homecare visits of 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes and any multiple thereof; we also provide full-day cover, overnight support and 24hr Live in Care. Visits can be as occasional as fortnightly, perhaps for shopping or light housework, or as frequent as several times a day, for those with more acute needs.
We also offer a temporary care service, for instance after an illness or following discharge from hospital, or because a regular, private carer or family member is taking a holiday. We are able to accommodate customers from all walks of life with a wide range of needs.
Whatever your preferences, our carer workers are carefully vetted and thoroughly trained to assist you as best they can. The typical things that we are often requested to help people with include:
- Assisting with the morning routines- helping clients to wash, shower or bathe, get dressed and have breakfast
- Assisting to prepare, make fresh home-cooked meals and assist at meal tables those who need help.
- Prompting or assisting clients to take medication, administration of medication (by competent staff), collect or return medication prescription slips to pharmacy or dispensing GP surgery.
- Assisting with shopping or to prepare a shopping list, if needed to go to the shops for clients.
- Helping with domestic duties such as laundry or ironing, cleaning or simply helping to keep home clean and tidy.
- Social services- companionship, escorting or accompanying clients to social activities, such as attending day centres, social clubs, visiting friends or family, going to the pub or church, or taking short walks.
- Assisting with evening routines e.g. bathing, meals or going to bed
We offer a high quality and professional Health and Social care services to all areas in and around Yorkshire.